Promscale has been discontinued. We strongly recommend that you do not use Promscale in a production environment. Learn more.
Promscale is a unified metric and trace observability backend for Prometheus, Jaeger, and OpenTelemetry. It is built on PostgreSQL and TimescaleDB.
Promscale provides robust and 100% PromQL-compliant Prometheus remote storage. Promscale is also a certified Jaeger storage backend that is durable and scalable.
Unlike other observability backends, it has a simple and easy-to-manage architecture with just two components: the Promscale Connector and the Promscale database. The Promscale database consists of PostgreSQL with the TimescaleDB and Promscale extensions.
- Quick start Promscale to get started with Promscale in no time.
- Learn about Promscale to understand how it works before you begin using it.
- Learn about Promscale benefits to understand how it can be useful in your environment.
- Install Promscale from source, or using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Learn about tobs to understand how to install a complete observability stack on Kubernetes.
- Configure Promscale for scaling and high availability.
- Send metrics and traces to Promscale
- Use Promscale to run queries.
- Use Promscale with visualization tools.
For more about Promscale, see our developer documentation.