Promscale has been discontinued. We strongly recommend that you do not use Promscale in a production environment. Learn more.
The observability stack (tobs) for Kubernetes is a tool that aims to make it simpler to install a full observability stack into a Kubernetes cluster. Currently this stack includes:
the Kubernetes monitoring stack
- Prometheus to collect metrics
- AlertManager to trigger the alerts
- Grafana for visualization
- Node-Exporter to export metrics from the nodes
- Kube-State-Metrics to get metrics from Kubernetes API server
- Prometheus-Operator to manage the life-cycle of Prometheus and AlertManager custom resource definitions (CRDs)
- Promscale (design doc) to store metrics for the long-term and allow analysis with both PromQL and SQL
- TimescaleDB for long term storage of metrics and provides ability to query metrics data using SQL
- Opentelemetry-Operator to manage the lifecycle of OpenTelemetryCollector Custom Resource Definition (CRDs)
You can also use the tobs Helm chart directly, or as sub-charts for other projects.